This info is critical to help us prepare for your arrival. All guests must complete the form – click here to access online. Submission online is preferred but we can can email you a hard copy.
The Lodge charter flight departs from Edmonton, AB (CYEG).
Click here to download our essential guide – perfect for first time guests – with all of the details and lists you need to get ready for your trip to Scott.
We strongly encourage you to arrive in Edmonton the day before your Lodge arrival date if possible.
We recommend the Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel located right in the Edmonton Airport terminal for your northbound accommodations. Use our Scott Lake corporate rate (code 608) for a discount. Look for the Special Rates dropdown menu just to the left of the View Rates button when booking online. Or give them a call at 780-488-7159. Your southbound room is already reserved there for you and included in your package cost.
We’ve collected some suggestions on restaurants and what to do while in Edmonton.
All guests must arrive at the North Cariboo Air charter facility in Edmonton no later than 2:30pm on your Lodge arrival date.
Inside the Edmonton airport terminal, go to the Security Entrance where you can take the escalator down to the lower level. Then walk to your right to Door #9. It’s a short 3–4 minute walk from the hotel lobby. There will be buses there and you will not need to call to order a pick up. But just in case, that number is 780-890-8983. You will want that number if you do a shopping or casino tour in the airport area. The same shuttle gives you free rides to the casino, Costco or the very attractive Premium Outlet Collection mall (home to several discount outdoor clothing stores including Columbia and Under Armor). After shopping, just call the shuttle service for a ride back to the hotel or to North Cariboo. It will show up in a few minutes. Yes, it’s free!
Luggage and Packing
Due to charter flight restrictions, luggage is limited to 50 pounds per guest. We find that most guests do just fine with around 30 pounds.
For tips on what to pack, refer to our suggested clothes list.
We know that shopping for gear is a big part of the excitement of a trip. So we’ve collected everything you need to know in our Tackle Tips blog post.
But if you do have specific questions, feel free to email our Sales Manager and veteran guide Jon Wimpney. He’s happy to talk through all of the details.
- Your Scott Lake luggage tags (mailed to you)
- Prescription medication (be sure to pack in carry on luggage)
- Quality rain gear, jacket and pants (review our detailed clothes packing list)
- Lightweight waterproof boots
- Swimsuit (for the hot tub or sauna)
- Waterproof hat for sun or rain
- Sunscreen – at least 30 SPF
- Polarized sunglasses (also available in our tackle shop)
- Insect repellent – Deet is recommended but no aerosol cans
- Please consider BRINGING YOUR CHECKBOOK. Due to the sharp increase in our credit card processing fees (we are double cursed with an international transaction and inability to swipe cards), we are following many other lodges and adding a 4% fee to any credit card payments. Due to recent changes in the Canadian tax laws all tips must be paid by cash or check. A check directly to your guide can work too, however cash for the shore staff is the best way to recognize their contribution to your experience. We cannot process tips via your credit card payment for your store bill. We do have a safe for storage of any cash/valuables available for your use on the island.
Scott Lake Lodge US office: (888) 830-9525 or (715) 362-7031
Travel Ex (travel agent): (800) 882-0499 or (847) 882-0400
Jason Hamilton, General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom Klein, Managing Partner: email@example.com
Lodge Office Satellite Phone (emergency only): 306-900-2518
Lastly, bring a relaxed attitude.
Remember this is a vacation, not a test of skill or endurance.