This info is critical to help us prepare for your arrival. All guests must complete the form – click here to access online. Submission online is preferred but we can can email you a hard copy.
Click here to download our essential guide – perfect for first time guests – with all of the details and lists you need to get ready for your trip to Scott.
We strongly encourage you to arrive in Edmonton the day before your Lodge arrival date if possible.
We recommend the Renaissance Mariott Hotel located right in the Edmonton Airport terminal for your northbound accommodations. Use our Scott Lake corporate rate (code 608) for a discount. Look for the Special Rates dropdown menu just to the left of the View Rates button when booking online. Or give them a call at 780-488-7159. Your southbound room is already reserved there for you and included in your package cost.
We’ve collected some suggestions on restaurants and what to do while in Edmonton.
All guests must arrive at the North Cariboo Air charter facility in Edmonton no later than 2:30pm on your Lodge arrival date.
There is a shuttle from the main terminal to North Cariboo Air – call for pickup: 780-890-8983. Or if you prefer to take a taxi, the address is: 3679-56 Avenue East.
Luggage and Packing
Due to charter flight restrictions, luggage is limited to 50 pounds per guest. We find that most guests do just fine with around 30 pounds.
For tips on what to pack, refer to our suggested clothes list.
We know that shopping for gear is a big part of the excitement of a trip. So we’ve collected everything you need to know in our Tackle Tips blog post.
But if you do have specific questions, feel free to email our Sales Manager and veteran guide Jon Wimpney. He’s happy to talk through all of the details.
COVID Testing for Re-Entry to the US
Currently, you are still required to present a negative Covid Rapid Antigen Test for returning air travel to the US. The testing office in the Edmonton Airport is open from 5am – 7pm. If this does not match your flight schedule we can work on an alternative.
- Your Scott Lake luggage tags (mailed to you)
- Prescription medication (be sure to pack in carry on luggage)
- Quality rain gear, jacket and pants (review our detailed clothes packing list)
- Lightweight waterproof boots
- Swimsuit (for the hot tub or sauna)
- Waterproof hat for sun or rain
- Sunscreen – at least 30 SPF
- Polarized sunglasses (also available in our tackle shop)
- Insect repellent – Deet is recommended but no aerosol cans
- Please consider BRINGING YOUR CHECKBOOK. Due to the sharp increase in our credit card processing fees (we are double cursed with an international transaction and due to a slow internet, an inability to swipe cards, making fees much higher), we are following many other lodges and adding a 4% fee to any credit card payments. Also, due to a change in Canadian tax regulations, it is not feasible to have any tips added to your store bill. Checks and cash are unfortunately the only options here. We will have the ability to cash your personal checks if you want to offer cash for the shore staff team. Guides can be tipped by personal check or cash.
Scott Lake Lodge US office: (888) 830-9525 or (715) 362-7031
Travel Ex (travel agent): (800) 882-0499 or (847) 882-0400
Jason Hamilton, General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Managing Partner, Tom Klein email@example.com
Lodge Office Satellite Phone (emergency only): 306-900-2518
Lastly, bring a relaxed attitude.
Remember this is a vacation, not a test of skill or endurance.